Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Some recent conversations

I believe I am in iit only when I step outside the institute!
Here are some comments I have come across in this vacation.



A guy(say Mr.X) who secured 4000 rank in JEE 2010 -

X: Will I get a computer science seat in Bombay?
me: why CS and why Bombay? Anyways you will not get what you wanted.
X: My friends are planning to take CS and I like Bombay city.
me: You should have a vice-versa opinion dude! (like CS; friends are taking Bombay)

His father: Please suggest some good branch for my son. I just want him to be in iits. He should have a bright future.
(Most of the iitians know neither present nor future. How can I suggest something for your-son`s future?!)


One uncle with a great educational background -
"It`s a God`s gift for your parents" 



Another uncle, an illiterate -
"Why do you go so far to study? There are many colleges here"



One of my relatives, introducing me to his friend, says "He is from iit, the place where students get 2 lakhs salary per month"



My friend`s hot girl friend - 
"Nerddd!!"
(shitt)

My friend`s not-so-hot friend who is a girl -
"Wow! that`s so great!"
(But what is the use??) 


My sir at Orbit -
sir: What is your qualification?
me: Btech sir, mechanical engineering, iit madras
sir: Is it in dilsukhnagar?
me (after a pause): No sir. It is in madras
sir: Oh! madras?! donation seat?
me: !


A fellow iitian - "mama.. common.. lets rock this city!"

11 comments:

shashank said...

seriously awesome shit!!!!
lol :)

Bindu Upadhyay said...

truly connect to it .. infact most of the top ten rankers say they want 2 be in iit b as they once went 2 dat city.. :P and this was published in deccan :P how lame..

Jayanth Mantri said...

Another common comment:
X: Where are you studying?
You: At IIT Madras, Chennai.
X: Er?? You couldn't get a seat in one of the ITIs?
You: No!

S.Ganga Prasath said...

awesome :). did people seriously ask these questions?

geethika said...

and what abt all the guys reading in techno concept schools who come and ask --- been reading for 25 hours out of 24 hours in the day, will i get an iit seat:P:P

ravi teja said...

@bladdy - thnks :)
@bindu - Ya, I read it! That was insane
@jayanth - ITI !! lol :D
@Ganga - Yeah, I was dumbstruck in most of the cases :P
@geethika - yes. That also happens.. like the Ananya`s brother in 2 states ;)

karthik tsd said...

nice post as usual :)
i really dont understand y the hell 'hot gals' :P have a very insane notion that IITians are nerds :(
Do u think are we that nerds??

ravi teja said...

@above - Well, I am sure I am not a nerd;
No idea about you :P

click said...

One more:
A:Which college
Me:IIT Madras
A:WHy didn't you take up engineering,didn't qualify for EAMCET?
Me: @#$%!@#% !!!

ravi teja said...

@click - haha

NICE BLOG said...

BOLLYWOOD É UMA INDÚSTRIA DA ÍNDIA MUITO RICA. PRODUTORA DE MÚSICAS ,FILMES ,RECADOS PARA ORKUT...
PAGINAS PARA PESQUISA NO GOOGLE:
GOIANAPÓLIS LUIZA CABELEIREIRA
luizacabeleireira2009@hotmail.com
LUIZA BOLLYWOOD
LUIZA CABELEIREIRA
luizacabeleireira@yahoo.com
BOLLYWOOD LUIZA
LUIZA BRAZILIAN INDIAN
LUIZA GOIANAPOLIS
BOLLYWOOD GOIANAPOLIS LUIZA INDIA
BOLLYWOOD GOIANAPOLIS
GOIANAPOLIS LUIZA
LUIZA INDIA GOIANAPOLIS
GOIANAPOLIS BOLLYWOOD
LUIZA GOIANAPOLIS INDIA
AS PÁGINAS ESTAO PUBLICADAS PARA A CIDADE DE GOIANÁPOLIS EM INGLES LA VOCE VAI CONHECER MUITOS ATORES E ATRIZES FAMOSOS E LINDOS ENCONTRAR MUITA MUSICA E MUITO MAIS ...